AVIC411.com

So what is usable and compatible nowadays?

Hey all, 

I've come across these HUs for cheap (used) and it sparked my interest in them. Now, I'm snooping for double-din's for over a year now and can't find anything which has a fair price. So I got hyped up when I saw a couple of ads for the SPH-DA01. But then disaster struck: compatibility information is abysmal. I've spend half the night checking if my phone (iPhone 5, running iOS 7.1) would be a match but I think that ship has sailed already. 

So now I'm thinking if it would be an option to switch to a different phone, or having any option to use an app radio 1 or 2 (That is DA01 and DA100 right?) with the iPhone 5. 

So here's a summary:

- I'm considering the DA01, DA02 or DA100

- I have an iPhone 5 running iOS 7.1 

- I want to use navigation (either Google, Apple, Waze or Navigon) 

- I want to be able to play music that I have stored on my phone (no Spotify)

- I want to be able to have calls coming in and out over an external mic

- I don't care about how it's connected. I can put away any cable under the dash panels so that's not a problem. 

- I'm used to iOS as well as Android, and both jailbreaking and rooting/custom roms aren't new things. Not afraid to try, but would like to be sure about if results are possible before I switch phones. 

- If absolutely necessary I wouldn't mind switching phones if the app radio could be used with the above requirements. If I'd ABSOLUTELY have to switch to Android my first choice would be a Motorla Moto G with a big storage card for music. 

Am I dreaming or is there still a good chance to use one of these older radios? 

And what is the difference between a DA01 and DA02? 

Thank you very much in advance! 

- Daniel