AVIC411.com

my avic z140bh is going insane

My avic z140bh had been working for about 6 months no problem then all of a sudden I get off from work and the headunit stops responding to touch and all the buttons loses its function ( for example when I click home or mode it doesnt go to home menu or to the map it just skips the rrack or pauses the track or on radio seeks the next station) does anyone know whats wrong I tried pulling the power harness on it and still same thing whenit boots up

Could be a hardware problem. If so - not much you can do except sent it in for repairs.

If you can open the screen (to access the SD slot), try running testmode. There is a diagnostic in the menu for testing keypress detection. Also I'd suggest removing the HU from the dash then bench-testing it - at least of keypress functionality. You just need a 12V power source.

I don't remember the details, but recently someone posted a helpful hint saying odd keypress behavior can be caused by the bezel (or other trim?) makes contact with the screen.