AVIC411.com

Question about install of D3

I was wondering if it would be very difficult to complete the install in an 05 Chrysler 300C. I've never tried a car radio install but I would like to learn how to start doing things myself. Would this be extremely hard for a first timer or is it basically plug and play with the exception of doing the harness?

I just finished my z1 last night, and I can tell you a couple of things since I have the same background as you, NO EXPERIENCE!

You CAN, i repeat, CAN do this on your own. It may seem a little intimidating at first, but it really makes sense when you look at it from a "basic" point of view. What I mean is this: All of the wires you need to hook up (besides 2) are straight foward, you just match the colors up and make sure the connection is secure. That's really all you need to know for now. When I asked similiar questions in the past I would get bombarded with responses that were way over my head for the time.

All you need to know is, yes, you can hook it up yourself. All you do is match up the colored wires.

I don't think you can screw it up too bad even if your car is an 07. I would say try it...like the other poster said, you'll gain a lot of experience and on top of that you can save yourself some cheese. I'm going to download the manual and take a look at it and get an idea of what i'll have to do. If I pull this off I'll be real proud of myself.