AVIC411.com

AppRadio3 did I fudge the wiring or something?

hey guys, I'm really hoping you might be able to help me out with my issue... cus I'm about ready to slam my head on the table.

a bit of info:
I'm trying to install an AppRadio 3 into a 2013 Mazdaspeed 3 with the Bose system
I'm using the PAC RP4-MZ11 cable harness
this SlimPort cable http://images10.newegg.com/NeweggImage/productimage/A1ZZ_130345119296718750dpeawzbM6x.jpg
and a Nexus 5 and AppRadio Unchained.

the issue(s):
The biggest issue at the moment that the cable connection seems to crap out on me after a while. when I initially plug in the power and ACC, I go to change the app source to other, I run the app and everything works hunky-dory. BUT if I leave the Radio plugged into a constant source (like the car, or in the current testing setup, a battery charger) and unplug the ACC, after a while, it won't work. It did this thing where it would take a second to connect, the screen would go black but I could see the AppRadio stuff on my phone. I could interact with the headunit and see the responses on the phone, but nothing onscreen. then it would kind of reset back to the home screen and take a second to go back to the black screen and just loop like this until I unplug the phone. 
other times, it would kind of try to connect but keep failing and the phone would just keep asking me to plug in the cable...
this seems to happen after a while of having constant current to the power cable and just turning it off and on with the ACC cable. BUT if I unplug the power cable and plug it back in... it works... for a while.

the other issue I'm noticing, and I don't know if there's any relation is that the screen seems to be receiving  'ghost' presses. for instance, if I play a DVD the little red circle keeps popping up when interacting isn't available. another time, it totally messed up the calibration part of the AppRadio sequence. left was up, right was down, and it wasn't generally responding so great... when I try to access the bluetooth phone menu, it won't stay open and closes as soon as I let go...

I've even tried using a different Slimport/HDMI setup and got the same issues...

I'm completely at my wit's end and feeling nothing but frustration and Google hasn't been of much help with this.

... Help me Obi Wan Kenobi... you're my only hope.

ok... so I decided to do a little more testing and found out what was causing that 'phantom touch'
I have the headunit plugged in to a battery charger and am manually connecting/disconnecting the ACC cable.
well... I was only running the power to the Headunit and not to the PAC RP4-MZ11 steering wheel control. I tried unplugging the jack that runs from that to the headunit and... voila. so I added some cables to give that some juice and now... no more phantom touch.

I'm going to leave them connected to the power, but cut from the ACC cable for a good while and see if that other issue persists...

wish me luck.