AVIC411.com

Great ipod secret, want to share with all of you!!!

If you are tired of being locked out of using your ipod functions directly when using the cd-ib100 or cd-ib100II, I have found the secret to bypassing it so you can use the scroll wheel directly on the ipod:

Step #1) Turn on your car so that the radio is functioning.

Step #2) Keep the ipod unplugged from the radio, but keep the ipod in one hand and the radio connection in the other.

Step #3) Hold down the play button on the ipod, and before the ipod powers off plug it into the radio. You will know if you did this wrong if you plug the ipod into the radio and it powers back on immediately. This means that you shut it off before plugging it in. In order for this to work, you must hold down the play button and continue holding it until the ipod shuts off after it is plugged in.

Step #4) Turn the ipod back on. You’ll see the “Pioneer†screen, but if you give it a few seconds, and then press the menu button, you’ll notice that you can navigate the ipod windows just as you should have been able to normally.

Try it several times if you don't get it right away, it will work. It's all about the timing. Once you do it, it will stay that way as long as your ipod is connected to the cd-ib100. Good luck, and post your experience (and your praise)

• 2 months later...

Your tips is fantastic !

I want to buy the CD-IB100ii for an old DEH-P4100R (year 2000), but don't know if I can bypass the Pioneer interface.

I have a iPod nano black 2gen 8Gb (as you, I think) firmware 1.1.2.

Can you tell me what's your firmware (I hope this is the same, so the tips might work !!!!!)

Thanks

Source :

http://avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php? ... cdib100%2A