AVIC411.com

Hello all.  I've been a reading member of the forum a while and it has been a good resource regarding upgrades, etc. but I have an issue now that I need help with so I thought I would come to the experts.

I had some major A/C repairs done to my vehicle yesterday and in the process they disconnected the battery.  Upon picking up my car, my head unit was prompting for a password, which I do not recall ever setting.  I tried about 10-12 different ones including using Google to see if there was a default one for these units.  After having no luck there, I start looking for a solution/hack to determine or reset the password.  In doing that I came across the post on these forums about HACKMODE.  Unfortunately I started with the v2.21 of HACKMODE instead of v1.4, and I seem to have damaged my HU.

I'm not sure what v2.21 did to the unit but I can still boot off the v1.4 SD card and browse successfully with the File Manger.  (If I had only done this from the beginning as I was able to read the password.dat file and sure enough the password was a variation of something I have used in the past.)  Now that I know the password, I just need the HU to get to the point of prompting me again, but it seems v2.21 has made that impossible.

I have read through several threads and understand that there are 2 possible boot locations PRG0 & PRG1.  I do not have a file called PRG.FLG in my unitis USER folder, so as I understand it, that means my unit boots from PRG0/APL.  In looking in that PRG0/APL I see the AV.exe but the date/time on it is much older than the majority of other files.  The other files are 13 Jul 2010 14:32 and the AV.EXE us 8 Apr 2007.  That seems like an issue to me but maybe not.  I do still have my SD card with the 2012 update but nothing happens when I boot up with that card.

Any guidance you folks could provide would be most appreciated and if I left any needed info out, please don't hesitate to ask and I can run it down.  Thanks! 

Lyverbe, thanks for the suggestion.  I kept digging around last night and I'm happy to say this morning that my HU is booting and functioning properly again.  I was a little concerned with just creating the PRG.FLG to boot from PRG1/APL because that directory seemed to have far fewer files in it so I was concerned some stuff was missing there.  I decided instead to follow the Undo Condi's Hack Mode instructions in the thread linked below.  That seemed to do the trick for me.  Now that I know that the PRG0 directory is functional, I may create the PRG.FLG to see if booting from PRG1 is successful and I know I have a fall back if ever needed. 

http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/36854-undo-condis-hack-mode/

Since I am working on this thing and learning about it, would you happen to know what the latest version of software available for the x930bt.  I am currently running an application version of 4.01 and a platform version of 4.0.

Thanks!

Since I am working on this thing and learning about it, would you happen to know what the latest version of software available for the x930bt.  I am currently running an application version of 4.01 and a platform version of 4.0.

Thanks!

There's a thread about the 2013 maps and firmware.  Being a hot topic, you shouldn't have too much trouble finding it.