AVIC411.com

Navigation - 3D Calibration Reset

So I was driving around yesterday, and I had the map screen up on the 8000, but not actually using it to navigate.  I noticed the map paused, stuttered for a few seconds, then caught up to where I was.  I shrugged it off as it possibly losing the satellites for the moment and DR'd the track.  However, I was not in a covered area, the sky was clear, and this was not in some unusual area, as I drive on this particular road every day.  Then it did it again, and really made me pay attention to the screen to see how often it was doing it.  For approximately 5 miles, the map would pause and skip about every 10 seconds or so, then catch up to my location.  As soon as I got home, I pulled the deck, checked to make sure all the connections were solid, and put everything back together.  Drove around again, checked to make sure the pulse was changing, and that I actually had a connection with the satellites, and the map scrolling along as it should.  Today, I checked everything again, and this time all of the 3D calibration info had been reset, but none of the other information or settings had been reset.  So I know it didn't lose power and do a full reset, and before someone asks, NO I did not reset the calibration info by accident.  You really can't reset it by accident, once you touch the button, it will ask for a confirmation.  So now that you have the full info of what's going on, anyone else experience this, or have any ideas as to what is causing it.

is your VSS wire connected?? to check go to SYSTEM SETTINGS> Scroll down to SYSTEM INFORMATION.  you can check it by going to CONNECTION STATUS or into 3D CALIBRATION. drive around and if the the signal stays at 0 then its not connected. If it goes up then its connected. Usually if the your GPS signal is not properly located. your signal will stutter. Thats why you connected the VSS to properly adjust your position.

I'll forgive you for thinking I'm a rookie at this LOL.  But yeah that was one of the first things I checked.  When I said "pulse" above, I was referring to the VSS, which then caused me to pull the deck to make sure all the connections were solid.  It only did it that day, and has worked as it should since.