AVIC411.com

Z150BH shuts off when iPhone plugged in

I was using this Z150BH in my Prius for months with no issues other than an unresponsive touch screen for a few weeks which mysteriously resolved itself on its own. I took this radio out and threw in an 8000NEX a few months ago and this weekend installed the Z150BH into my other car. It works great except for when I plug my iPhone 5 into it, a few seconds after I do the radio just shuts off and becomes totally unresponsive. I have to power the car off and wait a minute, then power it back on and everything is fine. Has anyone seen behavior like this before?

The only thing I can think of that could potentially be the cause is that I'm using the USB cable that came with my 8000NEX since I already installed the Z150BH's USB cable in the Prius and didn't see the reason to swap that with the radio since they're supposedly the same.. and the NEX works fine with the Z150's USB cable.

Anyone see anything like this before?

-Keith

• 3 weeks later...

I was using this Z150BH in my Prius for months with no issues other than an unresponsive touch screen for a few weeks which mysteriously resolved itself on its own. I took this radio out and threw in an 8000NEX a few months ago and this weekend installed the Z150BH into my other car. It works great except for when I plug my iPhone 5 into it, a few seconds after I do the radio just shuts off and becomes totally unresponsive. I have to power the car off and wait a minute, then power it back on and everything is fine. Has anyone seen behavior like this before?

The only thing I can think of that could potentially be the cause is that I'm using the USB cable that came with my 8000NEX since I already installed the Z150BH's USB cable in the Prius and didn't see the reason to swap that with the radio since they're supposedly the same.. and the NEX works fine with the Z150's USB cable.

Anyone see anything like this before?

-Keith

I revisited this today.. the problem appears to be iOS 8 beta, the Z150 doesn't appear to like it. I rolled back to iOS7 and it works perfectly now.