AVIC411.com

optimal video playback formats

I've searched around a bit and found a little bit of info on optimal / supported video formats, but I am having troubles getting things to work right. Where is the best place to get good, up to date info?  The manual seems to be a bit lacking... youtube stuff just says to use 'this' converter or 'that' converter... I am looking for SPECIFIC details... bit rates, resolutions, containers, etc.

I have a avh-x5600bhs... do all of the avh deck support the same video formats... or does each deck have different capabilities?

I've seen a few post here that say 1280x720 should be supported, but I can't get any divx things done at 1280x720 to load. I get invalid resolution.

I am using ffmpeg to do the video conversion from a youtube mp4 file.

I am using:

ffmpeg -i input.mpg -vtag DIVX  -f avi  -vcodec mpeg4 -b:v 1750k  -acodec mp3 -aq 0 -ar 48k -s 640x360 output.avi

and that seems to play ok... but I'd like to see if I can really do  1280x720 or if some other format is better. I have not had any luck with .mp4 formats....

Does anyone have any .mp4 or .divx files that they thing are 'optimal' quality that play on their avh units that they can share?

Also.. for testing.. I have my deck pulled out of my truck, sitting on my desk. I have been copying files to a usb drive from my computer and then connecting them to my avh unit... is there a better way to test different video resolutions that copying and swapping out usb drives?  I can send bluetooth audio from my android phone... can you send videos that way too? I don't do a lot of audio/video on my phone, so I am not sure how all of that works.

Thanks - jack