AVIC411.com

Wiring compatibility AVIC-D3 and AVIC-8000

My D3 was stolen, so I'm upgrading to an 8000. I need to find out if the wiring harness and install kit that i already have are compatible. 

I have never done a stereo install, so this is likely to be a challenge, so any help you can give me is incredibly welcome. 

I have a 2003 Nissan Xterra, so if anyone knows what exactly i'll need to install my 8000, please let me know. 

Hard to say whether anything you already have or left behind by the thief is compatible, as you didn't say exactly what it is you have.

I can't imagine the thief took the time to remove any mounting brackets attached to the HU.

Can't imagine they left the HU plug in harness either, as the HU is useless without one and their not readily available for most consumers that don't already have an identical unit.

If they just clipped the wires and left the OEM to aftermarket wiring adapter, you may be able to reuse that.  Even if they left the 'changeover' harness complete with the plug that went into the back of your old HU, you'll at the very least verify the plug fits and the pinout is identical on the new unit.  You can do this by comparing the one that came with the new unit, color for color, pin location for pin location... that is if it actually fits.

Your likely looking at starting from scratch...