AVIC411.com

5000 navigation questions..

1) How do I make the lady read the street names while routing? I don't want her to say " Please leave the freeway" instead of "Take the McBean Pkwy exit"

2) I have saved an address as my home address. How do I ask navigation to go back to my HOME destination from say a different address. Right now when I want to go back home, I hit SAVED LOCATIONS and then pick HOME. But all it does it says "Do you want to save the saved location" or something like that. Why doesn't the nag pick my HOME location and automatically set it up as destination and start the routing?

3) After a few minutes of starting the engine, I see this message (check attached file). I have to hit OK to proceed.

"System detected improper connection of the parking brake lead........" What is this?

post-17987-0-83827000-1404591510_thumb.jpg

post-17987-0-67927500-1404591690_thumb.jpg

1) Select TTS as the voice type

2) Not sure, works fine for me following the same steps as above.

3) Have you grounded the PB wire?

1) and 2) are now working fine. I had not set it up right.

I did work through an installer and I have no idea what he did to the PB wire. I will check with him early next week. So if its grounded, where should that PB wire be going?

3. Perform the proper bypass detailed on this forum.

Once my issue 3) is fixed (PB correctly wired and not grounded), I understand I have to hold the left bottom corner (an inch above and on side) for 10 seconds to see a SET ON message. Once I see that message I guess I have done the bypass and can play videos when running the car. Please let me know if my understanding is correct.