AVIC411.com

New AVIC-5000NEX owner w/ iphone 5... Not sure what i should be doing.

Granted it would be great to have a sticked thread with all the various setups for all various phones and needed equipment/settings needed to enable all the various functions. 

On one usb i have the USB extension with a lightning cable connected and it allows music to be played from the phone... that's it. No app radio or anything... 

On the other USB I have the CD-IV202AV and i'm using that with a lightning cable with the VGA adapter, all that is good for is charging the phone and giving me the incompatibility message. 

I know i'm doing something wrong... btw, i had a shop install this and at first i was thinking it was an installation issue, but i know with the pioneer units most everything has to be enabled. 

So questions...

1. Can anyone here share with me all their settings that needs to be enabled for optimum function, i.e. appradio, mirror, etc... ?

2. Between USB1 and USB2 does it matter which one is being used with either the CD-IV202AV or the USB ext. to lightning cable. I'm speaking in terms with the 2 usb ports in the back. Does the CD-IV202AV need to but running through a specific one. 

3. On my iphone5, it currently running the new OS 7.1.2... Would that recent update be impeding a lot of the integration function?

4. Do I have to use the CD-IU52 lightning usb cable over another lightning to usb cable? I really think this doesn't matter. 

If there is anything else i'm missing let me know. I'm sure that this has been repeated but not all at once. 

Looks like you're in USB mode, you need to go into Smartphone setup and change it to AV Adaptor mode for AppRadio / Mirroring to work

You can't have the two USBs independent though (I'm hoping they fix this in a firmware patch!) so if you change it, whatever is in USB1 will stop working in USB mode.

If it's the same as the 8000 (which uses HDMI but is the same principal) then your AV adaptor needs to be in USB1.

There's no issue with 7.1.2, I'm using that fine.

I don't think the lightning cable matters.

My setup is basically:

USB1 has a lightning cable, and that with the HDMI into the AV Adaptor allows AppRadio ONLY when the Smartphone setup us set to AV Adaptor (if it's in USB mode you get access to the iPod part of the iPhone, you need to plug the lightning cable in directly NOT through the AV adaptor)

USB2 has a 30 pin cable into an iPod Classic, this ONLY works when Smartphone is setup to USB. Annoying limitation but it's only a couple of clicks on the screen to swap it over.

Look at page 15 of this:

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/StaticFiles/Manuals/Car/AVIC-5000NEX_InstallationManual011014.pdf

i've been reading more that the 5000nex is limited on use as compared to the 6000 and up... apparently watching movie content from my iphone via ipod video is non existant... something do with appradio getting in the way. i'm surprised there isn't a way to get around this. i'm starting to wish i did some more research and went with the 6000nex instead, I may sell this unit and look into upgrading... but Video/movie play from apps and iphone was a big selling point for me. I like the radio's interface but c'mon... i'm wonder if apple carplay will take care of this. We are already at mid summer passed early summer.... where is this firmware update.... i'd like to go ahead and see what the new features will allow us to do. 

Granted it would be great to have a sticked thread with all the various setups for all various phones and needed equipment/settings needed to enable all the various functions. 

On one usb i have the USB extension with a lightning cable connected and it allows music to be played from the phone... that's it. No app radio or anything... 

On the other USB I have the CD-IV202AV and i'm using that with a lightning cable with the VGA adapter, all that is good for is charging the phone and giving me the incompatibility message. 

I know i'm doing something wrong... btw, i had a shop install this and at first i was thinking it was an installation issue, but i know with the pioneer units most everything has to be enabled. 

So questions...

1. Can anyone here share with me all their settings that needs to be enabled for optimum function, i.e. appradio, mirror, etc... ?

2. Between USB1 and USB2 does it matter which one is being used with either the CD-IV202AV or the USB ext. to lightning cable. I'm speaking in terms with the 2 usb ports in the back. Does the CD-IV202AV need to but running through a specific one. 

3. On my iphone5, it currently running the new OS 7.1.2... Would that recent update be impeding a lot of the integration function?

4. Do I have to use the CD-IU52 lightning usb cable over another lightning to usb cable? I really think this doesn't matter. 

If there is anything else i'm missing let me know. I'm sure that this has been repeated but not all at once. 

First of all, when using the apple AV Adapter, it splits up the connection to the iPhone, that is the audio and video is separated and sent thru the VGA cable and the lightning cable only charges the phone, hence the incompatible usb device error message. It all depends on what you are wanting to use. If you are going to use Appradio,along with pandora and AHA Radio, you need to setup your smartphone setup to VGA, not USB. The lightning cable can be hooked up to the usb extension on the cd-1202av, or cigarette lighter charger(since it is only charging, it doesn't matter). Just remember the phone has to be charging for the AV Adapter to work. If you hook it up to a car charger, you then can make use of usb1 and usb2 for other things, for example solid state drive in enclosure, thumbnail drive. Now if you want to use your phone like an iPod, you must hook up iPhone directly to usb1 via lightning to usb. This setup will give you pandora, AHA Radio, and treat your phone like iPod,(music). also remember with this setup your smartphone setup has to be USB.

My setup, utilizes usb2 for 250gb solid state drive with ripped dvds, usb1 available for CarPlay, thumbnail drive with photos, or whatever i want at the time, my sdcard has 32gb of my music.