AVIC411.com

Fed up with the little glitches

There are so many little things that annoy me about this radio. I ranted off to pioneer in an email that I'm sure will be ignored, but I felt like sharing my complaints, so here's my unaltered email.

"Why is your system so mismatched?

Android phones and iPhones with a lightning connector connect in nearly the same way for Appradio mode. The audio and video go through the hdmi, while the phone is controlled via Bluetooth. The phone is also charged via USB with an adaptor, but USB is not used to control either type of device.

So why is it that If I have an android device, I can use iPod USB and Appradio mode interchangeably without changing a single setting. However I have an iPhone 5s, and even though the connection method is the same, my second USB port loses the ability to connect an iPod to it? Why?

When I'm parked and I want to watch a video, why is it that I do not have a setting for hdmi that outputs netflix correctly? All modes either cut part of the person out, or are the wrong aspect ratio. Why can't I be allowed to adjust the picture myself?

Why are your own apps the most unreliable of all the apps? Appradio live, carmedja player, and the Appradio app which btw is supposed to be the central hub of the Appradio system will about half the time I try to use them not activate when I want them to. The only way to solve this is to grab my phone, force quit the app, and then relaunch it. Waze doesn't have this problem. Inrix doesn't have this issue. Stezza works whenever I ask it to. Why is it that the inventor of the Appradio mode cannot make a stable Appradio app? It's embarrassing.

Why is it that If I get into the car with the Appradio app I already want active, like stezza, or Appradio live, or waze, the radio still bugs me to turn on the iPhone to open the Appradio app itself? This is not an issue on my Appradio 2. On my Appradio 1 I was even able to tell the radio to never prompt me with that request.

Why has my experience gotten worse with each new radio I've purchased!?!? On the Appradio 1 I could customize my steering wheel controls. Can't do that anymore. On the Appradio 1 I could type in the radio station I wanted just like dialing a number. Can't do that anymore. On the Appradio 1 and 2 I had an on screen play pause button that could be brought up within any app so I could have basic music control without having to switch apps. Well guess what? You took that away too. Why? Honestly, why have you made each new radio worse at being an Appradio?

There is not a single thing I have listed that is not fixable with a software update. Please, put the effort in your software to make your hardware shine. You make solid hardware. Spend more than 10 minutes ironing out your software kinks to actually match it!"

Dear Pioneer, 

What He Said. Ditto, 

There are so many little things that annoy me about this radio. I ranted off to pioneer in an email that I'm sure will be ignored, but I felt like sharing my complaints, so here's my unaltered email.

"Why is your system so mismatched?

Android phones and iPhones with a lightning connector connect in nearly the same way for Appradio mode. The audio and video go through the hdmi, while the phone is controlled via Bluetooth. The phone is also charged via USB with an adaptor, but USB is not used to control either type of device.

So why is it that If I have an android device, I can use iPod USB and Appradio mode interchangeably without changing a single setting. However I have an iPhone 5s, and even though the connection method is the same, my second USB port loses the ability to connect an iPod to it? Why?

When I'm parked and I want to watch a video, why is it that I do not have a setting for hdmi that outputs netflix correctly? All modes either cut part of the person out, or are the wrong aspect ratio. Why can't I be allowed to adjust the picture myself?

Why are your own apps the most unreliable of all the apps? Appradio live, carmedja player, and the Appradio app which btw is supposed to be the central hub of the Appradio system will about half the time I try to use them not activate when I want them to. The only way to solve this is to grab my phone, force quit the app, and then relaunch it. Waze doesn't have this problem. Inrix doesn't have this issue. Stezza works whenever I ask it to. Why is it that the inventor of the Appradio mode cannot make a stable Appradio app? It's embarrassing.

Why is it that If I get into the car with the Appradio app I already want active, like stezza, or Appradio live, or waze, the radio still bugs me to turn on the iPhone to open the Appradio app itself? This is not an issue on my Appradio 2. On my Appradio 1 I was even able to tell the radio to never prompt me with that request.

Why has my experience gotten worse with each new radio I've purchased!?!? On the Appradio 1 I could customize my steering wheel controls. Can't do that anymore. On the Appradio 1 I could type in the radio station I wanted just like dialing a number. Can't do that anymore. On the Appradio 1 and 2 I had an on screen play pause button that could be brought up within any app so I could have basic music control without having to switch apps. Well guess what? You took that away too. Why? Honestly, why have you made each new radio worse at being an Appradio?

There is not a single thing I have listed that is not fixable with a software update. Please, put the effort in your software to make your hardware shine. You make solid hardware. Spend more than 10 minutes ironing out your software kinks to actually match it!"