AVIC411.com

Z1 Install questions on 2005 Yukon XL

I am halfway through bajateam2's outstanding step by step install of a (2007 GMC Sierra 2500HD AVIC-Z1) and I have a few questions if anyone can help me out.

Here is the equipment list I am installing on my 2005 Yukon XL w/ a factory Bose sound system:

- AVIC Z1 post June build.

- Pioneer GEX-P10XMT Nav Traffic

- Pionner CD-IB100II Ipod Adapter

- PAC SWI-PS Steering Wheel Interface

- ND-BT1 Blurtooth unit

- Rear backup camera

My questions are:

1. Does the miniplug from the PAC Steering Wheel Interface (Controller Output?) go into the "Digital Out" port on the back of the Z1 or connect via the Connector 2 "Wired Remote Input" plug on the wiring harness?

2. I am installing a GMOS-04 Metra Digital Interface to retain the Onstar, factory chime, and Bose Amplifier/Speakers.

The instructions for this interface call for connecting an orange wire to the radio's illumination wire. bajateam2 called out a connection from the headlight light switch directly to the Z1 power harness. Is his recommendation necessary if I am tapping into the illumination circuit via the Metra harness connection from the existing Yukon to Bose connector?

3. In bajateam2's final instructions he says "Power Wire (Red) from the PAC Steering Wheel Controller" to where...? the yellow wire off the Meta harness (which also connects the XM and the iPod yellow wires. What should I connect this red wire to?

Would appreciate any advice.

Thanks

RBex

A few more questions and I am ready to button it up.

The Metra Harness has a blue/white wire for the amp. I don't know if my vehicle has an amp or not but I was told by a guy at Car Toys to connect it to the Blue/white wire on the Power Conector cable. There is only solid blue wire on the Power Connector. There is a blue/white wire on Connector #1 labeled "System Remote Control".

Also should I connect the Metra harness illumination wire (solid orange) to the Orange/white wire on the Power Connector? bajateam2 instructions ran a illumination wire from the headlight switch which I connected to the Power Connector illumination wire. Question is should I connect both the Healight and the Metra Harness ilumination wires here?

Thanks cntrylvr79 you have been very helpful. I appreciate it.

RBex

A few more questions and I am ready to button it up.

The Metra Harness has a blue/white wire for the amp. I don't know if my vehicle has an amp or not but I was told by a guy at Car Toys to connect it to the Blue/white wire on the Power Conector cable. There is only solid blue wire on the Power Connector. There is a blue/white wire on Connector #1 labeled "System Remote Control".

Yeah that blue/white wire.

Also should I connect the Metra harness illumination wire (solid orange) to the Orange/white wire on the Power Connector? bajateam2 instructions ran a illumination wire from the headlight switch which I connected to the Power Connector illumination wire. Question is should I connect both the Healight and the Metra Harness ilumination wires here?

don't conenct the metra illumination wire to anything. Just tape the end up. Run an extension from the avic illumination wire over to the headlight switch.

Thanks cntrylvr79 you have been very helpful. I appreciate it.

RBex

Not a problem