AVIC411.com

AVIC-8000NEX new owner, can't get AppRadio Unchained to work

Picked up a AVIC-8000NEX yesterday, been reading quite a bit about how to get AppRadio Unchained to work, thought I would give it a go!  So far pulling my hair out (still have some left), but no luck getting it to work.

Here's what I have done so far:

Installed AppRadio Unchained to my Note 3 running 4.4.2

Plugged an HDMI cable between headunit and Samsung MHL adapter

Plugged an USB extension cable (one came with the headunit) to USB port 1

Note 3 is paired with headunit for Bluetooth connectivity, confirmed phone call works, I can pull call logs but unable to get address book entries to show on HU

Generally I'd connect the MHL cable to Note 3, start the car then Bluetooth would get connected.  If I start AppRadio Unchained, I always get the same home screen.  If I select HDMI input, I can see Note 3 mirrored on the HU screen, but it's not scaled and I can't control anything.

What am I missing?  I read about for Android connection, I should plug the USB cable to port 2?  I thought in this case, the USB is more for charging the phone?

Another unknown piece would be in the HU under Phone Connection, I chose to use "Other" and using "HDMI" for connection.  Should I pick something else?

Much appreciate your help.

Picked up a AVIC-8000NEX yesterday, been reading quite a bit about how to get AppRadio Unchained to work, thought I would give it a go!  So far pulling my hair out (still have some left), but no luck getting it to work.

Here's what I have done so far:

Installed AppRadio Unchained to my Note 3 running 4.4.2

Plugged an HDMI cable between headunit and Samsung MHL adapter

Plugged an USB extension cable (one came with the headunit) to USB port 1

Note 3 is paired with headunit for Bluetooth connectivity, confirmed phone call works, I can pull call logs but unable to get address book entries to show on HU

Generally I'd connect the MHL cable to Note 3, start the car then Bluetooth would get connected.  If I start AppRadio Unchained, I always get the same home screen.  If I select HDMI input, I can see Note 3 mirrored on the HU screen, but it's not scaled and I can't control anything.

What am I missing?  I read about for Android connection, I should plug the USB cable to port 2?  I thought in this case, the USB is more for charging the phone?

Another unknown piece would be in the HU under Phone Connection, I chose to use "Other" and using "HDMI" for connection.  Should I pick something else?

Much appreciate your help.

try here http://appradioforums.com/Thread-Connecting-S4-to-AppRadioU-On-Pioneer-Avic-8000NEX-Help-Please