AVIC411.com

HELP! 60mt Torrent

Guest rover
Ok so I downloaded it, burned it and it does not work, any ideas? The only file on the torrent was the east.mdf file and the east mds file with two jpegs? No idea what to do here. Tried to burn with rixo? and alc120. An I not unzipping something here? I used winace to unpack the files. aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • 1 month later...
[quote name="rover"]Ok so I downloaded it, burned it and it does not work, any ideas? The only file on the torrent was the east.mdf file and the east mds file with two jpegs? No idea what to do here. Tried to burn with rixo? and alc120. An I not unzipping something here? I used winace to unpack the files. aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/quote]

after you download the torrent and unzip the contents, how big is the folder size?

my west disc was 6.59 gb. i burned it and it works fine.

Tom
[quote] after you download the torrent and unzip the contents, how big is the folder size?

Tom[/quote]

Same here. I had to run out an dby some DL disks, but then all went well. Kind of. Everything seems to work, except I can't do a address or POI search?? buttons are greyed out. With or without parking brake. Moving or stopped. Just greyed out. This is on my n2. Anyone else have this problem?
[quote name="dylanc"] [quote] after you download the torrent and unzip the contents, how big is the folder size?

Tom[/quote]

Same here. I had to run out an dby some DL disks, but then all went well. Kind of. Everything seems to work, except I can't do a address or POI search?? buttons are greyed out. With or without parking brake. Moving or stopped. Just greyed out. This is on my n2. Anyone else have this problem?[/quote]

i have the n1 and i updated. my buttons are only grayed out when i am in motion over 5mph or something. once i slow down and/or stop, i can do poi and address search. basically i can do anything that i want until i move. i did the original bypass with grounding the parking brake wire, but as we all know the update screws that up.

since i upgraded to the n3 firmware, i am thinking about getting nav traffic since i have the buttons now.

Tom
Hmm this is very odd. I wonder if my downloaded disc 60 is missing some parts? Maybe I will try and burn again. I have checked and it seems my speed sensor is working. My ebrake ground is working, and I can watch movies (from the external video in's anyway) while driving.

I reflashed my whole system today, it then reinstalled the system software, but when I went to nav I had the same problem. Maps works. Home, recent, blah blah. Just no address search.
[quote name="dylanc"]Hmm this is very odd. I wonder if my downloaded disc 60 is missing some parts? Maybe I will try and burn again. I have checked and it seems my speed sensor is working. My ebrake ground is working, and I can watch movies (from the external video in's anyway) while driving.

I reflashed my whole system today, it then reinstalled the system software, but when I went to nav I had the same problem. Maps works. Home, recent, blah blah. Just no address search.[/quote]

u can watch vids while driving?

how big is ur file? mine was 6.59 gb

Tom
[quote name="tomdlgns"]

u can watch vids while driving?

how big is ur file? mine was 6.59 gb

Tom[/quote]

I can watch video that comes in through the external input. I have not tried to watch a DVD through the system. I never do this, and never need to. When I had the system installed the installer told me he had fixed it so I could watch video while driving ( with my original disks ). The system has always worked great. With the ebrake toggle flipped I had access to all things and all areas while driving.

By the way my download was called "west.rar" when I unstuffed it I ended up with a file called "west.nrg" which is a nero disk image. I am on a Mac and when I double clicked it it opened in Toast. I used toast to mount the image, and then I had a DVD image on my desk that is 6.6 GB, and it's called "CPJ1175_2_A" I burned the contents of that disk image - 46 items, to a DVD +R DL

When I put that DVD in the car, it installed some junk, rebooted, and then my screen graphics looked slightly "bubbley" compared to the old graphics. All featurees work. As long as the ebrake switch is on I can go into setting and all such things. The only items that appear to be greyed out are the items on the main page. POI search, Address search, etc.

This Sucks. My GPS is now worthless, as I can't enter a search address.

Anyone have any tips? Can anyone send me a link to the torrent so I can try and download a different one?