AVIC411.com

please help! problems with N1

whatsup fellas.. i just bought an N1 from my buddy and had it installed today. however, when i turned on the unit, it gave me that parking brake message. i forgot exactly what it said.. when i insert the nav dvd and try to input a destination, the buttons are all grey and you cannot press them. even when i am parked, i put in a dvd and it gave me a message saying that i cannot play the dvd while in motion. i forgot the exact message. When i go to the setting, i cannot adjust the time or anything. the only thing available is the hardware info. anyone know the solution to this problem? could it be that the parking brake lead is not grounded? any help would be greatly appreciated

Yes, please ground the parking brake. Either that or correctly connect it to your parking brake. This will not hack it though, as it is only part of the bypass. In order to bypass, please search this forum. Has to do with soldering or flipping a switch underneath the warranty sticker.

i have an N1, and i think ithas the N2 software is there a switch on the N1 hardware unit? I checked before I had it instaled because I was searching this forum and came acros the switch underneath the warranty sticker.. but when i looked i couldnt find any. is there any other way to bypass the N1 without soldering? I tried searching the forum for the N1 bypass, what keywords should i use? I apologize if this is a dumb question. I'm new to this.. thanks for all your help