AVIC411.com

Nex8000 to be used as touchscreen for high powered mini pc

Apple bt touchpad and Apple bt keyboard.(very small) Apple remote to control itunes. Going to try windows using bootcamp and with some "front end software". Bluetooth pairing with nex was no problem, no touchscreen control, i read there is alot more windows software available for what i would like to achieve. This is more experimental, than anything else. OSX Yosemite beta 4(released 9/29) is operating system. Getting touchscreen to work is crucial for this to be a permanent setup, and that may be to much to ask.

Apple bt touchpad and Apple bt keyboard.(very small) Apple remote to control itunes. Going to try windows using bootcamp and with some "front end software". Bluetooth pairing with nex was no problem, no touchscreen control, i read there is alot more windows software available for what i would like to achieve. This is more experimental, than anything else. OSX Yosemite beta 4(released 9/29) is operating system. Getting touchscreen to work is crucial for this to be a permanent setup, and that may be to much to ask.

Keep us updated.  I'd consider adding a Windows-based mini-computer if I could get touchscreen control via the NEX (may do it anyway... but you know what I'm saying :)).

I've read a few explanations why we cannot use the NEX touchscreen as a controller for something other than a compatible smart phone.  To me that is illogical, unless for some reason there are no compatible drivers for these other devices.  But let's say I connected an Android mini-pc (not really much different that an Android smart phone).  I would assume since the NEX firmware is android based, there should be a compatible driver.  AFAIK, no one is loading any specific drivers on their Android smart phone... or are they?