AVIC411.com

Install a BT HD with the map software for the D3???

Sorry if this has been asked before, but.....

My D3 is going to be here today (I am waiting at the window with my laptop for the UPS truck) and the only thing that I don't like is the single DVD/CD slot.

Now, I do have an Ipod, so it's not like I'm going to be using CDs all the time, but I had a thought.

Is it possible to load the DVD map software onto a HD, then have it connect to the D3 via BlueTooth?

I also have an Ipod question: Is the CD-I200 the best way to hook it up? Can I watch vids from my Ipod onto the D3 with that cable? Or should I go with that other box (forgot the model number).

Love the site. I ordered (and paid for a D2) the day I found out about this site, then when I found out about the D3 I cancelled and made my order. If you google image a D3, you'll see it posts up some flakey portable unit.

Also, all the information I was considering purchasing from ebay, I found right here. FREE!

Amazing what you can find if YOU GOOGLE first.

You cannot have the map information anywhere but in the disk slot. If you have an ipod, get the CDI200. It transfers video and is much faster than the old ipod adaptor

Sorry if this has been asked before, but.....

My D3 is going to be here today (I am waiting at the window with my laptop for the UPS truck) and the only thing that I don't like is the single DVD/CD slot.

Now, I do have an Ipod, so it's not like I'm going to be using CDs all the time, but I had a thought.

Is it possible to load the DVD map software onto a HD, then have it connect to the D3 via BlueTooth?

I also have an Ipod question: Is the CD-I200 the best way to hook it up? Can I watch vids from my Ipod onto the D3 with that cable? Or should I go with that other box (forgot the model number).

Love the site. I ordered (and paid for a D2) the day I found out about this site, then when I found out about the D3 I cancelled and made my order. If you google image a D3, you'll see it posts up some flakey portable unit.

Also, all the information I was considering purchasing from ebay, I found right here. FREE!

Amazing what you can find if YOU GOOGLE first.