AVIC411.com

5000 NEX and Ipod classic graphics issues

So, I just installed an 5000NEX and the ipod classic cnnects fine through USB 2.  Music plays, every *seems* good.  However, the unit shows no album artwork (even though it is on the ipod), and when I attempt to play a video, I only get the audio.  No viseo is played.  Coincidentally, I also have a 30mpin to composite connector from a clarion unit, and that doesnt work either (even though it, too play audio just fine).  Any insight?

Not sure how the NEX units handle album art from iPod via USB.  I'd have to have unembedded artwork (e.g. iTunes downloaded artwork, or folder jpg) for songs on my iPod to test.  All my files have embedded artwork.

Read the Large Album Art Not Showing After 1.06/1.08 Updates 5000NEX thread for some issues regarding artwork with files on a USB drive or SD.  It may very well be the same situation with files on an iPod.

Check pages 14 and 15 of the install manual, I think you're missing some connections to get video into the 5000. 

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/StaticFiles/Manuals/Car/AVIC-5000NEX_InstallationManual011014.pdf

Dont know how I missed that.  I need a USB AND minijack?  Well, thats pretty lame.  But I guess Ill have to do it.  

Not sure how the NEX units handle album art from iPod via USB.  I'd have to have unembedded artwork (e.g. iTunes downloaded artwork, or folder jpg) for songs on my iPod to test.  All my files have embedded artwork.

Read the Large Album Art Not Showing After 1.06/1.08 Updates 5000NEX thread for some issues regarding artwork with files on a USB drive or SD.  It may very well be the same situation with files on an iPod.

The weird thing is that everything work fine thropugfh cplay.  Album art, etc.  My iphone 5 with the lightning port has n issues.  Its just the Ipod classic with the 30 pin.  

Dont know how I missed that.  I need a USB AND minijack?  Well, thats pretty lame.  But I guess Ill have to do it.  

The weird thing is that everything work fine thropugfh cplay.  Album art, etc.  My iphone 5 with the lightning port has n issues.  Its just the Ipod classic with the 30 pin.  

I opted for the 30-pin with USB and RGB on page 16 to keep the AUX jack open for other devices... but I've yet to connect my iPod Classic to my 8000, so can't provide any first hand info.  I pretty much keep my iPod connected full time to a Kenwood DNN990HD in my car (8000 in my van, which I don't drive very often).  I had to embed album artwork in the file for it to display on the 990... but I never tested to see if the iPod showed downloaded or folder artwork when unconnected.  I've only used my iPod solo maybe once or twice in the 5+ years that I've had it.