AVIC411.com

Touch Screen Intermittent Issues

So, if I don't touch the OK button immediately the touch screen doesn't work at all.  Then even when it does work it does so intermittently.  It'll work fine and respond to touch for a while, then all of the sudden it wont' respond to touch at all.  Some times it works for over an hour, sometimes for 10 minutes. 
Another issue I've discovered is that the volume button changes the radio station back and forth.  ..  I think it's just changing the FM selection from FM1 to FM2 or something, but it does that every so often.  I appear to have a single button on the steering wheel controls actually hooked up.  The volume down button is the only one that works.

I just bought the truck and haven't opened it up yet to see how this thing is hooked up.  I'm partially afraid.

A few other questions I have.. Do you think the OEM Sirius and Nav antennas could hook into this thing instead of having the aftermarket ones sitting on the dash?  Also, do you think there would be a cable to connect the factory mic as well, because I don't like having the external ugliness of all these aftermarket parts.  My truck is a 2010 expedition w/Sync.  I will be running extensions from the USB and 2.5mm jacks to the ones in the center console that came with the truck..  

Sorry, got side tracked.  Do you think my issues might be related to a faulty steering wheel control adapter?
If so, which do you recommend for Fords?

Thanks.

OK, I found that if i hold the eject button for a few seconds and lower the display and then hit the button again the touch screen starts to work again.  That's really really really odd to me..  Once I do this it works for hours and hours..  As a matter of fact, it worked for the entire drive from Ohio to NJ by doing this..  I'm pretty darned confused, but it seems it's something that is definitely fixable.