AVIC411.com

Navigation DVD's are Modifiable!

Still Working on it, but I believe I have figured out how to load your own images and "mod" the existing ones. Want to give it a try? Stick one of your NAV DVD's in your computer, the contents are completly viewable in Windows, Linux, and Mac.

I will keep you posted!

Good luck. Are they the same DVDs that the N2 uses? Try getting a DVD from an N2 and seeing if they have the same files. What is the process to upload a jpeg to the N2?

If you do a backup of a D1 DVD will it still work? So if you add files can they be read in the D1?

A long process but it may at least tell us if its possible..if we can get a file from the N2 that has been encoded into this .pim format from the .jpeg format, put it on the D1 dvd, will it be able to see it?

I don't have access to a N2, but thats a good idea.

To Upload a jpeg to the N2 you have to do the following:

1.Burn a CD-R (-RW) with the JPEG image(s) you desire to upload
2.Insert the CD-R (-RW) to the disc-loading slot.
3.Touch “Settings” in the Main menu, and then touch “Background Picture Setting”.The picture selected for each screen is indicated on the right side of “AV Background” and “Navigation Background” items.
4.Touch “Navigation Background” or “AV Background”.
5.Touch “Import from Disc”.The list of the pictures stored on the CD-R (-RW) is displayed.
6.Touch a picture you want for the background.
7.Select how to display the picture. "Center”: Selected picture is displayed at the center of the screen. “Repeat”: Selected picture is patterned, and displayed as covering the whole screen.
8.Touch “Done”

I have heard that the DVD's have no copy protection and can be backed up. I will try it when I get a chance though.

When you load a jpeg onto the N2, it loads it into the onboard memory, not the DVD. There is no way of getting a jpeg image from the N2 onto the D1.

• 3 months later...
  • 11 months later...