AVIC411.com

Installed the D3 in F250! So far, so good!

This is my first navi system (other then Garmin that is on my cell phone) and from what I see, this thing is great.

A complaint? Sure, it doesn't say the street name. It says right turn in 3 10ths of a mile, but will not say the name of the street. Don't know if there is a fix for this in the settings. Not a deal breaker, but it would be nice. Considering the cell phone Garmin did it.

XM radio I purchased was a refurb, and the unit is ON! All the stations, free of charge! WOOO HOOO! No nav traffic. I was more then willing to pay $17 per month for the service and the nav traffic, but not willing to pay $17 for just the navtraffic (considering the unit is on). Not unless they shut off the unit.

Another complaint? Sure, a program scan would be nice. You have 18 presets for FM and XM, it would be kinda cool if you could hit one button and have the thousand dollar head unit scan your presets like the cheapy $50.00 radios you buy on the flea market.

Navigation is almost flawless. Sometimes it's off by about 50 yards, most of the time it's off by 30 feet. The phone number search actually works!

Could not get the SWI-PC thingy to work with my Ford for the steering wheel controls. That sucks. The installer tried for over one hour and could not get it working. I've waited my entire life for a car to have steering wheel controls for the radio (I thought of this when I was 10 years old) and now that..... meh. Not that serious. I'll burn an extra calorie or two leaning over to hit the knob.

Bypass worked flawlessly! Thank you!

Now, I just need to find a cheap Ipod cable, BT set and a really cheap rear view cam. Will one of those $10.00 cams off of ebay work with this unit?

......Now, I just need to find a cheap Ipod cable, BT set and a really cheap rear view cam. Will one of those $10.00 cams off of ebay work with this unit?

You're joking right? If not then why is it people are willing to spend a grand or close to it for a nav system, but can't drop 100 for a decent camera. It always seems to be gimmie cheap and gimmie it now.

A grand for a radio? Fine, it's something that will get major use.

$30.00 for an ipod cable? No worries, it's going to be used often.

One fifty or more for a back up cam? That will only be used in the tightest of parking spaces or to show off with my friends? Gimmie the $10.00 cam off ebay (if it will work).

So, will the cheapy crappy $10 cam off of ebay work as a rear view? Don't need precision, don't need clear pic, just need to see if my F250 is going to hit the fancy 3 series parked behind me.