AVIC411.com

What can you do without the bypass?

Just a question: what sorts of navigation is possible on a D3 without doing the bypass and without stopping the car?

I realize you can enter a new address for navigation, but...

Can you ask it to navigate to a saved or recent address?

Can you ask it to take you home?

Can you cancel your current route and turn off navigation?

you can do everythig but watch dvd or choose destination while driving

When you say "choose destination" does that included saved destinations and recent destinations and "home"? Or do you only mean that you can't enter an address from scratch?

P.S. I'm used to using Tom Tom Navigator 5 on a PDA, so I don't know how much of this is applicable (i.e. recent destinations)

When hooked up the way Pioneer intended, you can still touch the 'Home' and 'Go To' buttons while in motion. You can't enter phone numbers or scroll through any of the POI/Vicinity Search Menus

Bah, that doesn't sound too bad. I might pass on the bypass in that case. As long as I can hit the "home" button while driving and navigate to a saved location then that's all I really need. Being able to navigate to a new address is really only useful if you have a passenger to input the data (unless you want to risk a fiery death), and I almost never have a passenger when I'm in my MR2. Maybe if I put one in the Millenia one day.