AVIC411.com

Rear View Camera.

I've got my camera, but still waiting on the D3 like you, so I can't speak on the quality of the picture. The spec's look like it should be a fine unit, but the actual camera it's self is tiny. Maybe 1.25" x 1.25" I don't plan on returning mine, but if CF does ship out today I'll have mine tomorrow and will install that night, so Friday morning I'll know for sure.

I bought the ND-BC2 back up camera. It is one of the clearest cameras I have seen. It is a little pricy, but for sure it is much better the the ND-BC1. So if you know anyone with the previous unit, you can use that and guage it somewhat.

The new pioneer cam this year is actually better than last year, the pic is about the same but it has a new "red" cancel feature so that when you hit your brake lights everything doesnt light up red. It actually changes red into white so if anything it makes it brighter when you hit the brakes. For all the big box co's "pioneer/kenwood/alpine/etc.." pioneer looks the best. We of course have night vision cam's that look amazing but they start at about $400.

Both of those last 2 cams posted are POS. I've used the first one, its huge and obnoxious. I'm on the eBay cam I posted, it is smaller than the pioneer and just as good, for $100 less.

I'll get a pic of it on the car and post it when i can so you can see how small it is. It snowed here and everythings all covered tho, might be a day or two.

Oh, and to mount any of these cams without drilling, just use 3M automotive tape. Its an excellent product, its the same stuff cars makers use to hold body kits on. It will hold that cam in place and not deteriorate with weather, but still be removable if you should choose to do so.