AVIC411.com

Am i being completely stupid about thinking to purchase this

i'm sorry avic owners but i am simply blown away by the kenwood dnx7100. trust me id love to have a z1 but from what ive been hearing lately about the price of the z1 even after the z2 comes out, ive been wanting the d3.

What i like about the kenwood rather than the d3 is ..

a large almost 7 inch screen (6.95), almost all gps unit are doing this for 2007 and the future units i would imagine will go this way,

fast ipod control is said to me much d3ish

not sure if you can create your own backgrounds via jpg. on the D3 but with the kenwood you can.

the kenwood 7100's navigation has many less points of interest than the D3 but uses Garmin

Also much like the Z1/Z2 the 7100 has text to speech announcing teh street names not just turn right

personally i know pioneer is a much better unit but for the money it almost makes me feel dumb if i buy a D3, i mean i love the D3 but for the same price it really makes me think

Am i being completely stupid about thinking to purchase this?

please someone talk me out of this!

No, you are not dumb to be thinking of buying any of those units, They are all great for different aspects.. just note that the Z1 is the best, it's hard drive based which kinda puts it in a different class than the Kenwood or the D3....

haven't done research on that brand, but what i know of from D3 and which makes me want it, they are:

DivX Video playback

BlueTooth add on (this is true gold for me)

Ipod Video play back

Ipod Integration

play MP3 on DVD/CD

11 million POI

Colour interface change

Then the Price...

Donno the other unit has what and not, please point me into the right direction

POWA jus so you know...

kenwood dnx7100 has...

DivX Video playback

BlueTooth add on

Ipod Video play back

Ipod Integration

play MP3 on DVD/CD

only 6 million POI but is WAAS enabled (more acurate nav by Garmin)

PLUS HDD isnt needed for nav and CD/DVD slot is still available because maps are on SD card i believe

ur comparing a more expensive unit. Come on to be honest, D3, with this price, with all its function, hands down it's not the best, but the most cost efficent unit.

BTW good news, just got myself on a Avic D3 today, unit cost me 1100 CND, 200 CND Bluetooth, 45 CND ipod cable, Accessories for customize face plate, wireharness, and antenna for 120 CND. Labour cost for putting everything on $160 CND. Plus 14% tax tho, anyways, gotta put that in on next Wednesday, already paid deposite, some so excited and can't wait!

I actually like the ipod screen with it showing the album art and everything. I understand that the nav is supposed to be similar to the Z2....giving street names and also getting you to the exact location and not just in the vacinity. But I'll definitely let you know what i think....I'm going to try to install it tomorrow evening or saturday morning.

dont mind me asking but how did you get it for cost?

and do you have any other info you found besides the corvette forum? i saw that a few days ago too, i liked it but idunno im never 100% pleased i like how the D3 has ipod on screen but i do like the album pics

i work at circuit city and i can get the eclipse units for cost... but the units i want either the the kenwood or pioneer we dont get deals on (kenwood because we dont carry anymore)