AVIC411.com

Weird things with my DVD

Sorry this may be a little long.....

Well, i know this is a little pre-emptive but i just got done burning my first DL DVD + R with my custom backgrounds and bgopen.jpg files. I didn't have a dual layer burner so my buddy burned it for me. I had a eerie feeling before we did it because he put the speed at 10x but the cd case says 2 differnt things. It says "8x speed" but there's a big yellow box that says "up to 10x speed /w compatible high speed DVD+R DL Drives" i don't know excatly what to take from that. I'm using Verbatim DVD +R DL's. His burner can go up to 10x, but the thing that weirded me out was that i put the DVD into my computer just to see if the file burned on their, and on my computer it shows the cd being empty, but on his it shows up /w the file on there. Also, when he loads it up on his computer, his shows up as just the .iso file. Is that how it's supposed to look or is it supposed to be expanded throughout the cd? I don't have my car till Friday to check if it works but i just have a weird feeling that it won't because of these findings. Sorry for the long post again, any help or suggestoins would be wonderful! thanks again

-Tosh

Once again, as in the other post...

1. Familiarize yourself with basic computing. Understand what an ISO is.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_image

Sorry to be so blunt, but you have to understand...If you make a bad disc that you think is good, you can f*** up and brick your unit like others have done here with older units. You need to know what you are doing before trying. Why waste $1000 you spent because you jumped into this?

thanx for the reply,

i'm pretty sure i understand what's going on, i followed step by step instructions that are posted on the forum, i've read alot of posts of pepole telling people to search and htat's the first thing i do, but i couldn't find exactly what i was looking for. As far as i know, i did it correct following the instructoins so i guess i'll give it a try, unless i did something totally wrong and you can tell by my earlier post any help would be apprecieated. thank you again

-Tosh