AVIC411.com

Best way to connect a Sandisk Sansa e200 series MP3 player?

I am trying to avoid buying an IPOD just for clean integration and want to be able to connect my Sansa e270 to my D3. I know Pioneer makes a USB connectivity kit, but how will the content from the Sansa be displayed on the D3? I found a Pioneer aux. connector at Target that uses a set of RCA cables and a BUS connector and then hooks into the headphone jack of an MP3 player, but I'm just not sure how easy it would be to navigate through the content on the Sansa if I used this...or if it even compatible w/ the D3. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

From what I've read about the Pioneer USB kit, it will work as an external device... which is another way to say it will work like crap. You'll get one line of text, and limited use.

Your best bet is to buy an iPod and get complete and easy control. But if you really don't want to, you can take any headphone to headphone jack and put it in the headphone jack in the MP3 player to the input on the front of the D3.

I had the same question regarding hooking up a Palm Treo to an Avic-z1. The Treo can play internet radio that I want to hook up to the z1. It has a 3.5 headphone jack. It looks like you can use a cable to go from the earphone jack to RCA cable which can hook into the Z1. Will this work or should I go with USB connection?