AVIC411.com

Installation on a porsche

Hi Guys'

The site is great!!!!

I own a 2001 porsche 911, and I'm ready to buy a D3.

I would like to do the installation myself, but I have not found a step by step how to thread yet..(specially when as far as I know nobody sells a plug and play wire harness for my car)

Could somebody tell me if there's such link or information page as far as the retrofit for this car, or would I have to end up paying an arm and a leg simply because I own this vehicle!!

Thanks guys.

your car should not be optical since its an 01. You need a metra 70-1784 "vw harness" just remember that the constant and ign will be backwards on the harness so just hook your red to yellow and vice versa. 40-vw10 is the ant adapter you need and speed sense should be the top pin on the same side as your ground. next you will have a small square plug with 6 wires in it. the 2 center pins are amp turn on and signal ground and the 4 surrounding wires are your hot signals. cut this plug off and solder rca's sharing same ground and hook amp turn on to you guessed it, amp turn on. :) mounting can get a little tricky but as long as your crafty you can get it. My shop in Atlanta would be glad to do it for you. We do not rape you for having a nice car.

you can do that if your doing rca's but may get some line noise you may be better off with the metra amp intergration harness, it can be used on vw, audi, porche, its all a similar plug and it may be a little easier for you to hookup if you dont have a ton of install experience, otherwise on those i would use two ground loop isolators to do the rca's that normally clears the line noise.

• 2 weeks later...

both of these answers look good. I would probably go with the second answer since it involves an adapter that would address some noise IF introduced into the system. that would be for the wiring of the speakers/factory amp.. ect.. Just take the info one step at a time and youll be fine.

p.s. this was to help with your install that you pm;d me about. Hope it does help