AVIC411.com

VSS Wire in an International CXT?

Well, I pulled the Z1 out of my dash today to get to the Illumination wire that my installer (1200 miles away) never connected, and noticed that the VSS wire was also never connected.

Does anyone have an idea which wire I would connect the VSS wire to in an '05 International CXT w/ DT 466? The dealer hasn't been much help, but are 'looking into it' for me. Just thought I'd post on the board thinking someone may be able to help.

Can't really tell ya since the info I have access to doesn't list for big trucks. What I can say is there should be a speed sensor on the transmission. If the dealer can give you the extact location of that, that would help. Also if by some chance the truck has cruise control, the vss wire would be there too.

My Z1 is installed in my "big truck" too. I have a 2000 Volvo VNL64T. The installer I used didn't bother to try and hook up the VSS, parking brake, reverse, or illumination wires. The truck has cruise control, so I don't know what the problem would be for any installer if they knew what they were doing. Of course, they also left the antenna/GPS wires exposed instead of removing the plastic trim panels to route them.

• 2 weeks later...

Go to this link.... on the www.internationaldelivers.com website. You have to use Internet Explorer for it to work correctly.

https://evalue.internationaldelivers.co ... S08300.htm

This is the Body Builder Service Manual S08300. It has every connection for this truck. You want look under "Automatic Transmission Interfaces."

My truck is a 4300LP with an Allison Transmission. Same engine as yours. The connector is located behind the windshield wiper motor. It is 7306M and I believe pin D(non-zero crossing speedo (16 pulses/rev)). I have it hooked up and can't tell if it is correct, but everything seems to be working ok.

Hope it helps...

Itwo,

Thanks man - that's a huge help, not just for that wire but for everything electrical! I'm going to hook it up this weekend and see if everything works.

One more question - where can I find that 7306M plug? Is it in the engine comparment, or under the dash? I don't know where to begin to look for it. Also, does it say "7306M" on it (i'm afraid there are similar connectors that I might confuse with this one...

Any help would be appreciated...

Thanks again!