AVIC411.com

Shrink wrap???/ Bypass questions HELP!!

i know thats why i said it, but the more cars you do the funnier stuff you see, we had one guy with a neon that said he didn't need a dash kit, he had cardboard and under the deck holding it up was an old 8-track tape glued to the bottom of the radio its was a pretty sweet install

So here goes. Guy comes into the shop a while back saying he has a problem with the raio he bought from us and had installed. Pull the car in and notice that the dash kit isn't sitting quite right (one of those kits you have to "adjust" to get to sit correctly). So I pop my head out of the car and ask the guy again if we actually did the installation. This time the guy says no and he did it himself. I get back out of the car and explain to him that if there is anything wrong with the installation that he would hvae to pay for the time I spent working on the car. He agrees and sits back down in the chair.

Flash forward 10 minutes. I finally get the car dismantled and go to pull the dashkit/radio out. Once I do, I get to see the harness. Yup wire nuts everywhere. Explain to the guy what the problem is and he aint happy of course. Mister electrician say well how is that possible I use them at work all the time. So I have to explain to the guy that cars vibrate. Long story longer. Guy pays $50 for the troubleshooting, and leaves with a f&*ked up alpine that they wouldn't warranty because of the installation issue.