AVIC411.com

Installed back up cam & Ipod wire!

I didn't want to pay over a hundred bucks for a back up cam. I figured I buy one of those $10 cams they have on ebay, not only because they are cheaper, but because they are a lot smaller. Figured if they dont work I am only out a ten spot.

It works! Better and clearer then the Pioneer cam! I asked the installer to let me preview both, and the cheapo one looked better and gave a wider angle!

So, if you are looking for a backup cam, no need to spend a lot of money, just go to ebay and type up "back up camera" and buy the cheapest one they have, it shows a pic of the cam next to a quarter to give you an idea how big it is.

Also got the ipod cable installed. LOVE! D3 navigation is fast, accurate and flawless. I don't have any vids in my ipod so I can't test that part out yet but I'll let yous know when I do.

If you own a D3, there is no reason to buy that expensive "box" from Pioneer. Just get the CDi200 cable and it will work PERFECTLY. Sound is great, volume is great, speed is good (not great, just good), searching is fast, can't complain on the ipod wire.

Is there a way to control the ipod from the ipod and NOT from the radio? When the ipod is hooked up it says PIONEER on the screen and will not allow me to do anything with the ipod, it's gotta be thru the radio. Any help is appreciated.

I'm so friggin glad I found this site! I would have been stuck with a D2 and would have had to pay for the info to bypass it.

a quick question you got your cam for 10 bucks on ebay? link me please!

and also... is your camera's image a mirror image or left to right?

If you don't understand... its like... when viewing the camera does it look like your looking through your rear view mirror...

or is the camera picking up like a regular camera to where it was presenting as if you were looking at it through your own eyes when you turn around.

I'm trying to find a cheapo mirror image camera because im so use to the review mirror image.

Can't find the link. But when you go to ebay, type in back up camera or reverse camera and then go to the cheapest one. It looks like a black shotgun shell with two wires coming out of it. There is a quarter in the photos to show you how small the cam is. Buy the cheapest one.

NO THE IMAGE IS NOT REVERSED! It's an actual image, not reversed! The Pioneer image was reversed! If there is a sign in the back, you can actually read it without being dislexic.