AVIC411.com

AVIC-D3 Screen Protector?

thanks for the link.

Seems like that guy cracked the screen while taking the bubble out with that plastic tool which ShieldZone gave. I guess he pressed little hard or something (d3 screen is that fragile?). ShieldZone ended up paying for screen repair ($200).

Now i'm having 2nd thoughts if I should put the screen protector or not. Hmmm.

Anyone else out there with screen protector on their d3? any suggestion?

where did you buy it from? did you get the universal one and cut it yourself, or was it for D3?

Ive put them on before, just would be VERY careful if i/you do it. I would suppose you could just be careful touching the screen. probably would accomplish the same.

sorry, meant I have put them on screens before, not the d3, They where the universal type from best buy. Put it on my phone, ipod, ect... I could see how it would crack the screen much easier on the d3 since the screen is a touch screen and is likely softer then most phones and ipod screens. Just my thoughts

Well, i put screen protector on all my stuff (phones, archos, pda, etc), and the universal ones which bestbuy sells are too small to fit d3 screen.

sorry, meant I have put them on screens before, not the d3, They where the universal type from best buy. Put it on my phone, ipod, ect... I could see how it would crack the screen much easier on the d3 since the screen is a touch screen and is likely softer then most phones and ipod screens. Just my thoughts
has anyone installed screen protector on their d3?

If so, where did you buy it? and please post a pic.

Thanks.

Just bought mine 2 days ago.

they custom cut perfect size for D3 (6.1inch 16:9)

D3's size:

width x height

5.3 inch x 2.8 inch

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie ... &rd=1&rd=1

The seller's not only power seller, but also has 99.9% positive feedback rating. They have lots of special screen sizes for all sorts of navigation screens including BMW OEM ones etc. Check out the thousands of buyers' feedback.

*Professional highest quality, Made in USA

*Amazing glass-like clarity

*Protect from scratches, dust, dirt, wear and damage

*Reduce screen glare and enhance view

*Designed to be removed without leaving a residue

*Will not cause bubbles nor come off on the corners

I'm not really worried about the D3 screen much as I'm generally careful with my stuff. I figure its made to be touched, has a matte finish which hides prints, its not going to get thrown around since its an installed piece, and don't eat in my car with the exception drinking of coffee. I just a take some special care when cleaning it.

Always use a damp high quality microfiber cloth. Spray/mist the towel and gentley wipe the screen to pick up the dust and lint. Turn the towel to a fresh side and wipe off the excess. That's it.

For tougher grease prints repeat with a fresh side of the towel. First damp then finish with a turned towel.

I've seen these expensive cleaning kits for cleaning laptop screens. I've had good luck with using Meguiers Plastic Detail Polish on my MacBook Pro screens. Its non streaking and takes care of the smugges from fingers nicley.

Good luck what ever you decide.

I bought mine for the Z1 off of ebay. It basically is a sticker, which makes it impossible to get all the air bubbles out.

when u stick the protector onto the screen, u hav to use a credit card (or other similar type) to slide push the film 45 degree slowly, (not with hand), that way it is bubble-free.

a basic technique on applying film protector.

a lot of screen protectors look like its just a simple sticker, but in fact it has 3 layers. anti-glare layer, anti-starch layer etc..