AVIC411.com

Incoming Phone has "+1" in front, phone book can't

Got my D3 installed yesterday, very nice unit i have to say, just a few issue i am having with the BT, see if anyone can give me some input

I imported the whole phone book into the D3, but in Canada, all incoming call they have +1 at front, so let's say the phone # of John is (555)555-5555, the incoming call will be +15555555555, which in D3 it saids "unknown caller" but it's actually in the phone book list.

Does anyone know a solution to this? Also 1 more question, When driving at night, the Nav is fairly bright, i can go to V.Adjustment and change the Dim and bright option, but the next day morning i have to change the setting again since i obviously need the screen to be brighter in sun light. Is there a way to have it set in Night and day mode so when it's day time it makes it bright, at night time it keeps it dim?

• 2 months later...

The illum wire either isnt hooked up, or is connected to a wire that obviously isnt dimming the unit when you turn your headlights on.

Does your front ashtray have a lightbulb that turns on when you switch your lights on? If so, you can do as I did, and tap into the + wire for the ashtray lightbulb. That worked for me.

Don't know about the ILL wire stuff, but the I had the same issue with my phone and the +1 coming up as "unknown"...

I went into my phone's phone book and added a 1 in front of all the numbers... Your cell phone is smart enough to only use the 1 and the area code if needed...

So, since all the numbers now are full 11-digits, now when I get an incoming call, it knows the correct caller ID info...

I actually called Pioneer about this and they said it was definitely a phone by phone issue...

This "fix" did the trick...

Good luck,

Mark