AVIC411.com

D2 Reverse camera set up

I just finished intall of my D2 with reverse camera, my problem is the reverse switch function doesn't seem to be working right.

My vehicle is a 07' DodgeRam, I am using a PAC harness adaptor to get the vss signal and reverse input. The camera works in the split screen (rear view) mode but won't switch to full screen when putting the truck in reverse.

I noticed that upon start up once the D2 boots up it goes to a black screen with the warning message about reverse mirror images at the bottom of the screen. I then put the truck in reverse and there it was, full screen back-up camera display!! If I press either the AV or MAP buttons the display switches back to Nav or AV mode and I can't get the reverse camera screen back until I power cycle the D2.

Any ideas???

I tried that first off, that's how I ended up getting the reverse camera screen upon boot up. I had left the setting on Neg mode.

I have checked the PAC bus adapter with a meter shifting the transmission in and out of reverse yields no change in the reverse gear output :cry:

Looks like I need to send the harness adapter back... Oh the down time...

• 4 weeks later...