AVIC411.com

Updated DVD Maps!

The D3 version 1.0 maps are from Jan 2005. My home area is not listed being a newer area, I'm off the map, ha ha.

Also I'm finding a lot local Points of Interests are not listed either which is understandable.

Any word on when the new Maps discs are going to be released?

Thanks

D3 manual - Page 15

Wide Variety of Facility Information for Points of Interest (POI) Search

You can search your destination from all areas.

-Approximatley 11 million POS's are included in this database as of January 2005............

So it seems they update the database every three plus years?

My address is about a mile off, house was built in 97

Hmm, at least I'm only about 200 yards off. I still can't register a "Home" location. It still calculates to destinations and all, but it would be nice to use the "2007 D3" with a "2007 database instead of an over 2 year old one.

It seems a bit strange to not have the database year not match the hardware year releases.

I still having fun with it. 8)

That not too bad.

I think what I was trying to say was that I'm only about 200 yards off road from where the database stops. My area being newer the database map just show me to be off of the main road. Not too much of problem as I know where I live. ha ha :roll:

Hopefully I can get a hold of the new maps before my D3 is obsolete. LOL :lol:

Page 4 of D3 manual "This database was developed and recorded up to April 2006. Changes to streets/highways made after that time may not be reflected in this database"

I think it's the POI thats only updated every couple of years or so but the maps are updated every year.

Dan