AVIC411.com

Installing rearview camera

so i got the free camera from cf and im thinking about putting it in this weekend.

from what i heard, some people like the license plate cam better because it is less descrete and does not need to drill an extra hole in your car. i was wondering what is your take on that.

can anyone suggest a license cam or recommend one? are they easier to install than the nd-bc2? compared quality? if it is easier and the quality is not much drop then i may just sell the ndbc2 and buy that kind instead.

thanks for the info

I am using a Boyo VTL300 license plate camera and I am very happy with it. Picture quality is excellent day and night. It came with hardware for mounting and even a piece of shrink-wrap and over 30 feet of cable. I have had to point it out to people it integrates so well. I paid $150 but have seen it cheaper.

The VTL120 is plastic so I spent a little more for the full metal frame. My plate is on my tailgate not my bumper so I was able to run the cable thru the inside of the vehicle. I also like the security screws. I never considered the bc1 or 2 because I wanted an integrated installation.

• 3 weeks later...