AVIC411.com

d3 not installed perfect

I just had my d3 installed at cc ,the bottom face of the unit is not sitting flush wth the frame of my 2006 trailblazer it has about a 3/16 gap on the bottom, also looks like it is sitting back at a 2 degree negative angle or so,, the installer says that it's the cage and cant be fixed once it is in it can only sit one way,,,I would think ther must be some room for adjustment to get a better loooking fit, is he bullshitting me or is this true

thanks

is he bullshitting me or is this true

thanks

Hi, my name is Ben. I'm a mobile electronics install tech here in Orlando, Fl. and I just installed the D3 into an '07 Trailblazer. The installer who but put the unit in your vehicle is doing one of two things. He's not experienced enough and see's your gap problem as unfixable or he was being lazy. Either way, the answer to your question is, YES it can be adjusted. I used 1/2 inch spacers on each screws that hold the dashkit in place. That made the kit and unit sit flush up against the dash trim. Go back and ask about it or go somewhere else who may have more experienced installers. Hope this helps.

is he bullshitting me or is this true

thanks

Hi, my name is Ben. I'm a mobile electronics install tech here in Orlando, Fl. and I just installed the D3 into an '07 Trailblazer. The installer who but put the unit in your vehicle is doing one of two things. He's not experienced enough and see's your gap problem as unfixable or he was being lazy. Either way, the answer to your question is, YES it can be adjusted. I used 1/2 inch spacers on each screws that hold the dashkit in place. That made the kit and unit sit flush up against the dash trim. Go back and ask about it or go somewhere else who may have more experienced installers. Hope this helps.

Umm 06 and 07 Tb's are different animals. To the OP check your receipt, there should be a line that reads

MET 993301 or MET 992003

Which one is it? Depending on which of these kits they used, there will be the gap you're talking about. Again though a picture would help out a bit. It is possible to make the avic sit completely right, it just takes a bit of work is all.

a 99-3301 would work but would take tons of modifications, the 99-2003 was probally used since it has ddin provisions, and ya a pic would help

For the 99-3301 you can use just the side brackets. Then glue the trim plate that comes with the avic to the rear of the dash. Actually looks not to bad, but yeah I prefer the 2003 kit since it doesn't requiring gluing anything to the dash.