AVIC411.com

2007 CAMRY AVIC-D3 INSTALL PHOTOS, VIDEOS...**UPDATED**

Thanks for the info. What about cons? Based on what I wrote before about how I plan to use it, is it worth spending twice as much on a Z1?

When you say the D3 is faster w/ the iPod, does that have anything to do w/ having to use the actual iPod to choose your music? I'd prefer to keep my iPod hidden in the glove compartment, and using my Pioneer steering wheel remote. Is this possible?

Thanks again for your quick reply.

the ipod interface for the d3 is faster through the touchscreen controls. Its not super fast, but it does search faster than the one for the Z1.

I have the Z1 in my car, and i dont use the hard drive for music, and dont really care about voice to text. But I just like the overall look of it better. If appearance doesnt matter to you than save your money and get the D3

Well, text-to-voice is the one of the only things (other than a bigger screen, maybe, and the smart routing) that I'd get the Z1 for. I would like it to actually SAY the roads that I'm turning on to... Like instead of "Left turn ahead" I believe it says "Turn left onto Main Street," or whatever. That would be really helpful to me, since I drive either in the middle of nowhere, and all we have are back roads... or I'm in Pittsburgh, where all they have are one-way streets that are confusingly close to each other to tell where to turn without looking at the screen.

I guess it sounds like I'm trying to talk myself into paying twice as much as I have to for a radio that's about to be obsolete... (Kind of)

Any thoughts?

I have to tell you guys this....

I received CF's dash/install kit which I installed, but its not a 100% match with my camry's interior color. Dash kit is slightly golden and interior is 100% silver.

I called Crutchfield and explained them this issue. They told me that I can buy it from somewhere online which is 100% silver and they'll refund me $30 (even though CF give the kit for free). So I just purchase the Metra kit from ebay for $32.

I just have to email CF the receipt and I'll get the refund (and I don't have to return their original harness/dash kit).

I'm loving CF's customer service. I think i'm getting spoiled...this is too good to be true.

From the last picture...I can tell that its golden.

hmmm...but i think metra fits better in dashboard.

i used the dash kit which crutchfield sent...its slightly golden in color (camry's is pure silver). its not 100% perfect, but you cant tell unless you look very hard.

Wheel controls doesnt...i'll have to buy additional module for that...i'm gonna try if i can get used to using D3 volme/mode controls

What additional module do i need for the camry to make the volume/mode controls work with the D3?

many thanks .

you will need PAC SWI-PS:

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-E6YL13ogkx ... i=127SWIPS

i used the dash kit which crutchfield sent...its slightly golden in color (camry's is pure silver). its not 100% perfect, but you cant tell unless you look very hard.

Wheel controls doesnt...i'll have to buy additional module for that...i'm gonna try if i can get used to using D3 volme/mode controls

What additional module do i need for the camry to make the volume/mode controls work with the D3?

many thanks .

• 2 weeks later...
Here are some videos which i've posted on youtube:

Each clip is very short...thats why there are so many parts...sorry about that guys.

Here are some photos:

[sORRY GUYS...I HAD TO REMOVE THE PICTURES BECAUSE OF SERVER ISSUES]

BUT HERE'S THE LINK TO ZIPPED PHOTOS:

http://rapidshare.com/files/22576600/av ... s.zip.html

SWEET! How did you create the custom startup? I'm not seeing any tutorials on here how to do that!