AVIC411.com

Avic-D3 FM channel static?? What about XM or Sirrus

I get static on a FOX fm channel after the install, would power antenna wire cause? I have an in glass antenna? I do have my pin 5 pwr antenna wire connected? Only select FM channels have some static.

Anyone have any opinions XM vs Sirrus, just going to use it for music. Not too concerned with Stern so what else seperates them?

Burn

in general, sirius sounds better. xm bandwidth is spread over more channels, thus losing some of the sq coming from the music.

as far as which sounds better on the d3 or has a better interface, i dont know since i dont have it yet.

does anyone have any pix w/ sirius on the display. ive seen other installs w/ xm and i noticed it shows channel logo / name. does sirius do this as well?

Then you didn't read MY post in that thread.

I've used both XM and Sirius, though in 2 different cars. I have Sirius with the D3.

Better interface for D3 is hands-down the XM. The Sirius interface is absolutely terrible. You get a 1-line display (scrolling), no category/channel list (only up/down buttons), and the presets get saved as "Preset 1, Preset 2", etc. You have to remember which station you saved to each preset. Read the D3 manual to see what the XM interface looks like.

I think Sirius has an edge in sound quality. After listening to XM exclusively for a period of time, I used to think my stereo components were failing or my head unit settings had been changed. Then I switched back to a CD or iPod and everything sounded awesome again. That car has a decent aftermarket system installed. I think the Sirius sounds better on a stock system than XM on my aftermarket. XM seems to cut the bass and treble frequencies, resulting in a flat, almost muffled sound. Sirius is still not close to CD-quality, but it's better than XM and much better than FM.