AVIC411.com

Wondering if anyone else experienced this problem. It’s pretty intermittent so not a big deal. Once every two weeks or so the Z1 sound is muted when starting the car and taking off. No sound at all from key insertion on out of Z1. That includes XM, CD, and Library. I hit the OnStar phone button, the lady asks what you want to do (call?, dial? Etc.), hit the button again to shut her up and the music comes back? At first I was stumped for a while but now that I know what’s muting the sound, I can get it back quickly but it’s annoying. 2007 Denali XL, PAC OS3, Post June 6 Z1, bypass in place, Bluetooth update applied.

Thanks,

Digxrayguy

Doesn't the sound of the Z1 go though some sort of adapter into your truck's sound system? I would bet it's that adapter which is the problem. I don't know much about the Denali system but I think there needs to be some fancy active electronics to interface with the rest of the truck. I would look at that. As the Z1 goes, I have never heard of that issue with the Z1 alone.

It is a Bose system and my suspicion has been the PAC OS3 which is doing a lot in between the vehicle and the HU. I'll go look at possibility of grounding. This Z1 was recently moved from a Suburban to this vehicle and the problem is new so I also doubt it's the Z1. Luckily it's not happening much and it's an easy fix but the interface works better in the Denali than the interface did for the Suburban. Steering wheel controls are more reliable and there's a couple of other functions with the OnStar phone that are better.

Thanks for the input and I'll report back

Digxrayguy