AVIC411.com

I got a question about the new D3 aux input feature. Since it is different from D2 and Z1 I have installed, because to get Audio Aux input only on those you use the Aux Input Cable that plugs into IP-Bus slot behind the headunit, because if you use the video aux input you would get the blank screen instead of a proper blue background menu. But with this D3 it is available on the front dash with the mini jack audio cable or video.

So my question is if i plug in audio only (ipod) in to the aux in behind the unit will i get a blank screen since i dont have a video input? or would i be able to set it to normal background?

you should still be able to at least get the map screen, as the navi is always running in the backround whatever source your using. At least it does on Eclipse units, never had to try with pioneer being that they have so many proper interfaces. Plug it in and once its playig, hit the map button

i als am wondering this same thing... also what about the inouts on the back? are they're a red, yellow, white for say a play station 2 plug into in the rear?

Yea you can do that in the back or front. for video and audio

But again my question is what if it is just audio?

should i even get the aux input line adapter like the ones for D2 or Z1?