AVIC411.com

Bluetooth Update Question

I've tried to search to find the answer, but I can't find anything definitive. My question is has anyone not been able to finish the update and recover their hard drive by burning a new CD after having the update stop at some percentage? I just picked up the ND-BT1 and am wondering if I should pay to unlock my drive and make a backup image of it before doing the update. I don't want to take a chance on bricking my Z1.

I haven't heard of anyone but me. But that's because I didn't know how to check the disk or what I was doing. So I restored it from a backup.

Since then I figured out how to get around it and it works fine with just sticking in a new disk.... unless you do something stupid when it failes at 99%. One guy went in and deleted stuff I think when then happened.

If you call pioneer they will send you a cd for free which will work (I would assume 100%). If you burn the disk you have the possibility that the disk is a bad burn, but you can test that by trying to copy every single file off the disk to a folder on your PC. If that succeeds, then the upgrade will work too.

Thanks Ducati,

That makes me feel better. I thought it was an issue of the bluetooth update just being flaky sometimes, but if it's just a CD burn issue, that's easy enough to verify before doing the update. I'm too impatient to wait for Pioneer to send me a CD, so I guess I'll be trying it this weekend with a burned copy.