AVIC411.com

Just bought a used avic D2 on ebay. I wired up the wirng harness last night and i go to install it today and it makes noise inside the unit...i believe it is the dvd reader but it wont turn on. Im thinking it could be my wiring but im not sure. Could it be that i have the two grounding (black wires switched). Also i didnt ground the wires to the body of the car...I just hooked it to the negative of the vehicle specific wiring harness. Let me know what you think could be causing the problem.

Thanks

Jason Quincy

Jason-Quincy@austin.rr.com

Ok now i am a little more confused....ok ive got a g35 which has two wiring harnesses and they both have grounds...one is pure black and the other is black with a white stripe...i put both blacks on the same ground the pure black one...should one ground go on one side and one on the other or something...also does it need to be grounded to the body of the car or can you do it this way...it looked like they had it grounded to the body of the car.

On a side note i bought a swi-ps for the steering wheel controls and i realized that you have to have a remote control to the d2 to set it up...does this mean i have to buy a remote just to program the thing.

here is what you could try. Take the unit and open up the hood of your car. Take both black wires and put them to the ground terminal of your battery. Then take both power cables (12volt constant and 12 volt ignition) and put them to the postive side of the battery. It should power up.

Ok turns out I was right and it was not grounded properly...for some reason it didnt like being grounded via the infiniti wire harness....whewww...was getting nervious i bought a 650 dollar paper weight. All is well though...thanks for your help and quick replys