AVIC411.com

Verizon phones & bluetooth

• 4 weeks later...

Originally i was very discouraged when i read this post b/c i have the Razor from verizon. But don't give up hope guys b/c i found this website that shows how to flash your Razor w/ Alltel firmware which frees up all the Bluetooth options (i.e. the most important for us, OBEX). It was pretty risky though b/c if you screw up your phone firmware by flashing it, you are going to be buying a new phone. That wouldn't go over very well if you had to admit to Verizon you were trying to flash the firmware on your phone. From what those forums posted, they would probably terminate your contract & charge you the early termination fees. I can't get to that link from this PC, but once i get home I will post the link if anyone is interested.

I have the BTB200 and a Verizon razor (V3M) connected to a D3. The phone autoconnects just fine once I registered the phone. I can't transfer the addressbook. Reason is because Verizon doesn't support that type of bluetooth profile (I think it is OBEX). The Verizon bluetooth compatability page is at http://support.vzw.com/pdf/BT_Chart_Handsets.pdf

Actually, if you have Verizon update your firmware to GATW_01.18.02, you will get the object push profile. I am now finally able to send my contacts one at a time. Also, if your phone had OBEX (they removed OBEX from the phones in a firmware update, I flashed mine with this intact), you will still keep it. It only updates it, its not a "monster" flash. This is for a RAZR V3c phone.

More info here:

http://www.howardforums.com/showthread. ... ge=1&pp=15

I own a VZW xv6600 pda phone. Initially I could not get the contacts or phonebook to transfer to btb200. I called Pioneer tech support and they told me that the pda phones have compatibility issues with btb200....Turns out that was a load of bull...I just messed around with the settings on my phone ie. deselected "encryption" under the blue tooth authentication settings...and everything works perfectly...

Originally i was very discouraged when i read this post b/c i have the Razor from verizon. But don't give up hope guys b/c i found this website that shows how to flash your Razor w/ Alltel firmware which frees up all the Bluetooth options (i.e. the most important for us, OBEX). It was pretty risky though b/c if you screw up your phone firmware by flashing it, you are going to be buying a new phone. That wouldn't go over very well if you had to admit to Verizon you were trying to flash the firmware on your phone. From what those forums posted, they would probably terminate your contract & charge you the early termination fees. I can't get to that link from this PC, but once i get home I will post the link if anyone is interested.
What is the site? Will this work on an LG VX8300?