AVIC411.com

Please help!! need pictures of MDX install

Man I can't decide whether to take the easy route and go with N3 with a Metra single DIN kit or do some chopping (since no double DIN kit available)to the MDXs dash and get the Z1.

I've looked everywhere for some install pictures of the Z1 or even the D1,D2 on the MDX but no luck. If anyone has any pictures of any of these double din units on a MDX please post them here or if you want to email them please let me know. Any help is greatly appreciated. :)

what year? because as far as i know (i have a 03) and between the navi screen and ac controls you cant put a different monitor in the place of the stock one, now if you put it below where the radio is now, maybe but i dont believe theres enough room to make it look real nice to fit a double din unit

I have an 02 non-Navigation, which has thesame dash as an 03. I would not touch A/C controls or stock screen just replace stock stereo. I read somewhere here that someone installed a Z1 on a MDX and said it came out real nice. They were going to post pictures but never happened. The stock stereo is double din size so I'm assuming only minor modification is needed. Hopefully someone will post some pictures.

Yeah i seen the thread, they didnt say they installed it and were going to submit pics, they simply asked if anyone has done it. thats it. Im guessing it really isnt as big as a double din (depth wise) and probably wont fit. I will continue to check around but I have had the thing out and if i remember right there just wasnt enough room down in the dash.