AVIC411.com

Pb to adjust screen of my AVIC n2

Hi,

I have a AVIC N2 for about a year, it was working great since two days ago. For not reason, the joystick from the faceplate is not working from left and right but it's ok up and down and when i push it. So I cannot use the joytick to change CD track or adjust the radio station.

I was thinking that by reseting the unit, i may fix the pb but of course nothing good append. After reset, the unit when back to factory configuration, than i tried to adjust angle of the screen, but nothing. The two button + and - to adjust the angle are not working too. I didn't checked before resetting the unit but i believe that these 2 angle buttons were not working before the reseting.

I did opened the unit and check the little cable under the unit, linking the front panel to the main board. I unplugged it and put back it back but didn't get any luck.

I don't believe that the pb come from the faceplate but I can be wrong.

If anyone have any idea what can be the problem, or which part need to be change :lol:

Thanks

My problems started as well with the joystick and some of the buttons. Shortly after it was the display, which turned black. In the end it was the flex cable that needed to be replaced. Mine is AVIC-X and Pioneer europe is not replying to emails so this joke set me back about $100,--, but in this Forum I read that Pioneer USA is repairing them free of charge, so you could be in luck.

Yes, you are right, now my screen don't turn on anymore but it still come out of the unit.

I already contact pioneer my email 3 days ago but so far I did not get any answer. :evil:

About the cable, dear JJK, are you talking about the cable under the unit to link the faceplate to the mainboard or the main cable to link the lcd to the mainboard.

Does Someone can give me the pioneer ref number of these two cables or better a link from pioneer website where I can order them. Than i'll change them myself

Thanks a lot

Ps: thanks Dear JJK for your answer, very helpful. You save me about $100 because I was thinking to buy a new face plate without sure that will fix the pb.