AVIC411.com

Pioneer service center review!

well i have finally gotten my unit back from pioneer after 2 months. lol

aside from the wait which was kind of annoying it wasn't so bad.

i sent my unit in for the flex cable issue. got a call after a month saying that there was something else wrong with the unit aside from the flex cable and it would be 150 for repair. i said go ahead and it was done.

what i was impressed about is that pioneer did not upgrade my navigation. and they were honest. i forgot to take one of my cd's out and they returned it ! and i even forgot to take off the cage and they returned it. maybe this was a bad experience and im just really happy to get my unit back. ive upgraded to the 60mp software which should be fun to try out.

wasn't as hard as i thought to make the cd.

downloaded alchohol 120 selected burn an image then i selected the mds file it burnt a copy on my dl cd stuck it in the n2 worked like a charm.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Let me tell you about my experience. I began having the "bad flex cable" symptoms (blank screen, some buttons not working), so I sent my N2 in for the flex cable upgrade on Friday April 27th to the Ohio location (that's the closest to me). To my surprise; when I got home on the following Friday (May 4th), my unit was sitting on my doorstep!! YAY for me!! So I bring it to the shop to reinstall it the next day. Guess what? Now nothing works!! Unit wont even power up!! So I call Pioneer, but it's Saturday so customer service is closed. I call on Monday, and they instruct me to ship it to the Califonia location. Keep in mind, when I sent it out the first time, I paid for the shipping (USPS 1st class). It arrived very fast. I wasn't about to pay again, so I asked them for a shipping label. They email me a UPS Ground label. So I get it sent back out on May 9th. I just got the unit back this morning (May 30th), and it seems to be in good working condition *knock wood*. Turns out, the problem was that the new flex cable, that they installed and tested was loose!!!!!!!!!!!!

A month without music and navi sucked. Im just spoiled I guess.

I got my dirty little hands on an AVIC-X1 unit that didn't work. Very soon (thanks to this and other forums) I figured out that I needed a flex cable. I contacted the local Pioneer service center. They didn't have it in stock but could order it for me from Germany via some headquarter in Belgium. (I live in Sweden) The next day my local service center called and told me my flex cable had arrived. I payed less than 30 dollars for the complete flex cable kit (GXX1257) and now the unit is in working condition.

Overnight shipping from Germany is very impressive, at least that's what I think. Lots of kudos to the guys over at Pioneer for such a speedy delivery.

• 1 month later...

Maybe I'm the lucky one.July 23,I sent avicn-1 in to pioneer columbus,ohio)for flex cable problems.that was Monday.They got it Tuesday,fixed it Wednesday,and Fed Exed it to me and it's installed in dash&working fine & it's Friday Thanks to Neal& the staff in ohio.They said I would have it next week.All's well with me .Good luck to all the rest :D

Maybe I'm the lucky one.July 23,I sent avicn-1 in to pioneer columbus,ohio)for flex cable problems.that was Monday.They got it Tuesday,fixed it Wednesday,and Fed Exed it to me and it's installed in dash&working fine & it's Friday Thanks to Neal& the staff in ohio.They said I would have it next week.All's well with me .Good luck to all the rest :D

Yea mine went to that same one and i got it back 2 days later