AVIC411.com

Adding to the D1

Hi Guys,

I currently have a D1 with the SIR PNR1. I just bought a cheap used CD-IB 100 and plan on getting the ND BC2 camera as well. I know the D1 controls the Sirius and the Ipod as an unexpected units with awful controls, but am I correct in thinking that these two are connected in series via the IP Bus? As well, can I run a set of A/V (red/white/yellow) cables from the AUX or EXT (which one?) and leave them coiled up in the glove box for external devices (video games, etc.)?

Thanks in advance. This forum is completely addictive.

Mark

Yes the Sirius and iPod are connected via IP-bus. They get daisy chained together, meaning theres an IP bus cable going from the D1 to the Sirius and then one from the Sirius to the iPod. Just make sure that you have the IP bus wires in the correct spots. If you get control of the Sirius or iPod but don't have sound, you have the cable in the wrong spot.

And yes you can run a set of RCA cables into your glovebox to hook up a game console, dvd player, ect.