AVIC411.com

Steering Wheel Controls for 2007.5 Sierra HD?

Hello,

I've searched the net and also the Pioneer site but I haven't been able to find this so I guess it's time to ask you guys.

Vehicle - 2007.5 GMC Sierra HD (new body style).

I just scored a Z2 on E-Bay and would like to use my steering wheel controls. Can someone point me to the required adapter for this?

One other question while I'm here. I'm going to be using the Vizualogic back-up camera. It fits very nice above the receiver. I believe this head unit is compatible with most camera?

Thanks!

Tom

I just ordered the mounting kit, Bose adapter and antenna adapter from Crutchfield. The person I talked to said that I will lose my steering wheel controls and that there isn't anything available that will allow me to use those.

I ordered -

127OS3BOSE PAC OS-3 Bose GM On Star Interface for Bose systems

I just went to http://peripheralelectronics.com/ and see part number GMAHLANB -

The GMAHLANB is a plug and play interface that allows the installation of a aftermarket radio in 29 bit GMLan vehicles. It will maintain operation of the OnStar® and Bose® factory amplified systems. The GMAHLANB has on board switching to allow audio from the OnStar® system to play through the two front factory speakers when OnStar® is active. Retains warning chimes for Onstar® and Vehicle Parking Assist, also maintains audible blinker indicators. For additional vehicle integration, use Peripheral’s line of PESWI steering wheel controls (SWC) interfaces to retain SWC’s with the aftermarket radio.

•Maintains OnStar® and Bose® Factory Amplified System

•Mutes Radio When OnStar® is Active

•OnStar® Audio Plays through Front Factory Speakers

•Data Controlled RAP Accessory Output

•Retains Vehicle Warning Chimes

•OnStar® Volume Control through Factory Steering Wheel Controls

and also -

Control MultiMedia Systems from the OEM Steering Wheel Controls with Peripheral's PESWI-V!

The PESWI-V converts the steering wheel radio buttons to 'DUAL' multipurpose controls. The PESWI-V allows control of an aftermarket Audio/Video system using the vehicle's factory steering wheel radio controls, while maintaining normal control and operation of the factory stereo. The interface will control most audio and video products that have an IR remote control. A remote IR emitter attaches to the front of the Audio/Video IR window. The PESWI-V solves the problem of lost remotes in a vehicle and it allows the driver to control the video system without taking his/her hands off the wheel or eyes off the road. Simple 4 wire hook-up. It also features step-by-step programming with LED confirmation. Non-volatile memory will not lose programming even when power is disconnected. The PESWI-V controls DVD players, VCP players, TV tuners, LCD Monitors, MP3 players, Satellite Radios, etc.

Maybe Crutchfield doesn't carry these or the new '07.5 trucks are different?

Also, will I be able to use the factory satellite radio antenna?

Thanks for your helps!

Tom